I had a blast reading all the Pitch Wars mentor bios, so I figured I’d give it a whirl!
BIO TYPE FUN FACTS THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTING
- I live in New York City with my husband and a fat orange cat.
- There was a goat at my wedding.
- My husband is nominated for an Emmy this year for his VFX work on DAREDEVIL, because he’s a total rockstar. We get to go to the EMMYS–how cool is that?
- I write adult fiction as well as YA.
- I’m obsessed with hot chocolate. I’ve been known to drink it in July. I like the fancy kind, but also the powder.
- I have Thor earrings. They’ve got tiny hammers and rhinestoney lightning bolts. Only one person has ever noticed what they are. I’m stealth with my geek.
- I graduated from Pacific University’s low-res MFA program, during which I worked with multiple advisors and got lots of practice ripping my writing to shreds so I could build it back up. Which is to say, I’d be thrilled to mangle this manuscript with the guidance of a Pitch Wars mentor. Bring it on!
STUFF I LIKE
- Books I read again and again until my copies are worn out and I need to buy new ones: THE ARCHIVED by Victoria Schwab, THE INHERITANCE TRILOGY by N.K. Jemisin, The ACACIA trilogy by David Anthony Durham, UNVEILED by Courtney Milan, SOON I WILL BE INVINCIBLE by Austin Grossman, STORM IN A TEACUP by Emmie Mears, ARCHETYPE by M.D. Waters, BAD FEMINIST by Roxane Gay, FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell, GREAT EXPECTATIONS by Charles Dickens, and of course, THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- I watch a fair amount of TV, but if something’s not a favorite, I ditch it. Right now I’m hooked on THE ORIGINALS (I’m a total Klaus girl), THE 100, AGENT CARTER, ONCE UPON A TIME, ARROW, AGENTS OF SHIELD, and SUPERNATURAL. Old faves include BUFFY, LOST, and, for some reason, a strange obsession with the second season of REVENGE.
- For movies, faves include THE AVENGERS, all three LORD OF THE RINGS films, THE INCREDIBLES, THE PRINCESS BRIDE, and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. Man, I wish they’d feature more women in these kinds of films! It’s a dude-heavy list, but I love what I love.
- I’ll be submitting my YA fantasy, DRAGON RANCH, for Pitch Wars. I came up with the idea after I published this short story in Fantasy Scroll Magazine about a dragon rodeo. I wanted to stick around in the world for a bit longer, and I’m having a blast.
Check out the other Pitch Wars potential mentees here!